U.S.A Visa

F-1 Visa

This is the most common type of student visa. If you wish to engage in academic studies in the United States at an approved school, such as an accredited U.S. college or university, private secondary school, or approved English language program then you need an F-1 visa.

A F1 Visa is granted to international students who want to attend English language programs or academic programs in the colleges or universities of the US. Students under this visa must maintain a minimum course load towards full USA-States-Maptime student status. Students who want to obtain this visa need to apply to schools and secure an I-20.. The validity of the F1 visa is until the length of the student’s academic program. They need to complete their studies as per the expiration date mentioned on their I-20 form which has been provided by the institution or college.

As an Indian student intending to study in the U.S.A., you will need to acquire a U.S.A. student visa from a U.S. Embassy near you. The U.S. Embassies in India are located in New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai.

The process for obtaining a U.S.A. student visa from one of these embassies might seem long and complicated, but the more you are prepared and the faster you put together your documentation, the quicker you will be able to start your adventure at a U.S.A. university.

Documents needed for visa

  • All academic certificates (10th, Intermediate, all individual mark sheets of all semester’s of graduation including backlogs and post graduation (if any) )(ORIGINALS )
  • Toefl/ Ielts  score Card (ORIGINALS)
  • Signed I-20
  • DS-160 Forms
  • Confirmation letter of appointment 
  • SEVIS fee confirmation letter
  • work experience letter ( if any )  (ORIGINALS )
  • Bank Balance Certificate (Financial Support Document) (It can be self supported/ Supported by parents / Siblings or company/ organization or Bank Loan / Fixed Deposits/ Postal deposits/ Provident fund) (ORIGINALS )
  • Source of Income self/parents/siblings (Should provide Pay slips, Form-16 for salaried Employees, Income Tax returns(ITR)for business people or Mandal Revenue officer’s Income Certificate for Agriculture Income proof(ORIGINALS)
  •  Submit Notarized self affidavit declaring the income for non IT payers)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Support (self and by sponsor)
  • Chartered Engineer’s (CE)  property valuation report of your assets
  •  Chartered Accountant’s (CA) Report giving details of the University location, tuition fee, living expenses and source of income of your family and details of funds available(Bank balance certificate ) for your Tuition fee, Living Expenses and other Expenses.