Canada Visa

The Canada Student Visa is provided only on the short-term basis. The student will certainly need to leave the country when the study duration is completed. Canadian Government will not give any kind of health care insurance policy to a foreign student. The candidate has to ask with the particular institution regarding their health care coverage and health insurance.

The need for the Student visa differs depending up on the opted study, the academic history of the applicant and their country of citizenship. He/she ought to show that they have adequate funds to fulfill their accommodation and study requirements. He/she must be a law-abiding resident without any criminal record and not be a threat to the protection of Canada. The Study Visa is valid until the student finishes his/her education.

Canada Student Visa additionally referred to as Canada Study Permit. It is for students who have been offered letter from a Canadian Education Institution who wish to study in Canada. Canada has turned into one amongst the best study destinations for foreign nationals due to its top notch education and learning system, low tuition costs and excellent employment possibility.

As Canada rises up the ranks of leading destination countries for international students, its federal government is planning some important changes to the Canadian student visa system, with the goals of establishing improved protection for students, greater accountability in the visa system, and prevention of fraud.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has just announced that in January 2014, the following changes will take effect for student visas (also known within Canada as “Study Permits”):

  • All Study Permit holders will be required to be enrolled and actively pursuing a course or programme of study at a designated education institution after arrival in Canada, in order to maintain legal status;
  • Provincial/territorial governments will designate institutions that are eligible to receive international students, and only students admitted to those institutions will be able to secure a Study Permit;
  • Designated institutions will have to report to provinces/territories and CIC on international student enrolment and good standing status;
  • Only those students attending designated education institutions will be granted access to Work Permit programmes;
  • Work Permit programmes will also only be accessible by full-time students who are enrolled in and actively pursuing an academic, professional or vocational programme leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate;
  • Full-time international students with valid Study Permits will be allowed to work off-campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week without a Work Permit (that is, Off-Campus Work Permits would no longer be required for such students).